Dressing sharp can be difficult this season. You throw on shorts or chinos and a polo and that’s the outfit. How can you stand out from the crowd with minimal options? The answer is common but often overlooked. Like always gentleman, it’s in the details.
Summertime accessories are a little different. They’re not your usual suspects like neckties. You want accessories are light colored, lightweight, and functional. Many guys (especially those who prefer to dress conservatively) stray from accessories, but that’s a huge mistake.
Here are five accessories every guy needs this summer:
The Perfect Sunglasses For Your Face Shape
It’s the summer so obviously, the sun will be out and shining brightly. This time of year sunglasses are a necessity, and the right pair can really up your casual style.
So ,what about the gents that already wear shades? This is an opportunity to switch it up and try something new that can change up your entire look for the better. You want to know the shape of your face (hairline + jawline + chin) so that you can have the proper fit. If you’re not sure, snap a selfie and compare it to this chart.
A Summer Hat
Headgear has long been a staple in a gentlemen’s wardrobe. Men have relied on hats to endure all weather and for various occasions. Dating back to medieval times, hats were worn as a sign of sophistication and culture as well as used for necessity.
Just like sunglasses, hats are a functional element of a man’s wardrobe and can be super stylish. In addition to looking like a cool movie star, a summer hat can help protect your head from the dangers of the sun’s heat rays.
When donning a summer cap, it’s all about the material. As is the case with shirts, summer hats need to be constructed from breathable material and have a sweat wicking or sweat absorbing headband. Everyone knows the best summer hats are:
- Straw fedoras
- Straw trillby hats
- Straw pork pie hats
- Linen newsboy caps
- Polyester baseball caps
A Unique Watch That Stands Out
A watch is a classic element of style that should always be adorned. It should be
- Functional – tell accurate time over an extended period
- Durable – should be strong enough to handle your lifestyle
- Stylish – whether it’s minimalist look or a focal point of the look, the watch should make people think, “Damn!”
Change up your normal routine for timepieces. Switch up the style and/or the brand. There are dozens of quality brands available that you will get your money’s worth out of. Watches are traditionally in two general styles: watches with straps and watches with metal bracelets. We all have our preference and generally have settled into those, but breaking out of your typical pattern could be exactly what you need to enhance your style this summer.
Footwear is to style as wheels and tires are to cars. The whole look is off when the wheels (footwear) are wrong. Switch it up during the summer with a lightweight shoe that is comfy and breathable. Look to try:
- Espadrilles – constructed using canvas or cotton for the upper and a sole made of jute rope which is the defining characteristic of the shoe. The breathability of the upper great feature that allows keeps the foot cool and the fabric can hold all types of colors and patterns.
- Lightweight Sandals – The ultimate laid back summer shoe. I stress lightweight because the leather can still make the foot sweat. Now the key is to get stylish sandals! The hiking sandals are not in that category. A stylish sandal is one that can be worn with nice pair of chinos or linen pants/shorts
- Canvas sneakers – The canvas upper is the same technology as the espadrilles but the canvas sneaker is far more casual. Classic gentlemen only pair them with shorts and jeans but they work with chinos as well.
Regardless of the type of lightweight shoe, you decide to choose, make sure that it’s breathable and full of style. It’s the summer so you’re going to show some leg when wearing shorts. Make sure that the shoe is worth looking at.
A Cool Phone Case
And not just any phone case. You know, the one that protects your cellular and looks stylish at the same time, making it the perfect phone case for those who prefer to marvel in the beauty of an iPhone’s body.
Sleek and Slim cases like The Luxbox case let you marvel in your iPhone’s beauty by stirring in some of it’s own. Unlike most (protective) iPhone cases, it’s unimold body is both protective and stylish. Not to mention, the unique wooden, wool and marble textures are can be great conversation starter when placed in the hand of a lovely lady.
LuxBox Case is designed to maintain the satisfying experience of using the iPhone while protecting it from general wear and accidental drops.